Labels

Sunday 7 September 2014

Ups and downs - and the otaku-mekka

Day 4 of my little Japan-Tour

My first achievement today was the way from my hostel to the "biggest tree" in Tokyo - the Sky Tree - it was 9AM and it had already 25°C so it was a fun on its own.
350 meters up to the swirrling heights of Tokyo - but not without lining up in a queue (which is part of it too).
On the first observatory the view is really breathtaking. Only at this height can you comprehend how big Tokyo really is! At the end of this expensive trip it left only me going down the elevator.

And the next one... this time going down... taking the subway to one of my favorite places in Japan: Akihabara or Akiba for short. For a Anime-, Manga-, and Technologyfreak like me this place is like paradise itself. Everywhere you go you can find ads for Anime, Manga or just some Techie-stuff. Mangashop next to a Electronic-store which is next to a Maidcafè. And as you think - I left nothing out


5 1/2 hours took my "walk of fame" through the shops - it was really like heaven... and for the great ending, I went to a Maidcafè and ordered a "Omurice" on which I had (typically otaku style) written: "Love"


With aching feet I went back to my hostel - with pleasant news: my bagpack arrived!
I changed as fast as possible and repacked my stuff as I needed it.

New Target: Onsen!!!

So, with a towel and shampoo I went to the next trusted public bath... which was the only one in my area...

Bought a ticket, went to the counter and headed towards the male changing room... *gulp* (If you dont know the japanese culture... in japanase Onsen you bath split by gender... but naked...) - but okay. With the friendly help and CCTV protection it is no problem to strip down isnt it? :D After showering it was a real bliss to drip myself into the hot water.

Greetings





Mit schmerzenden Füßen ging es erstmal zurück zum Hostel - wo ich eine glückliche Überraschung erleben durfte: Mein Rucksack war endlich angekommen - und das trotz schlechtem Glück :D - ich machte mich natürlich sofort auf alles benötigte umzuräumen und dann die Tasche zu verstauen:


Neues Ziel: Onsen!!!

Ich machte mich also mit Handtuch und Hygeneartikeln auf zum nächsten Bad meines Vertrauens... oder besser gesagt: Das einzige in meiner Nähe.


Brav das Ticket am Automaten erstanden, an den Schalter gegangen, frohen Mutes Richtung Männerumkleide... erstmal Schlucken... (für die nicht so versierten unter euch: In öffentlichen japanischen Bädern herrscht Freikörper-Kultur und es war volles Haus...) - Aber hey. Unter dem freundlichen Unterstützung und der Beobachtung durch Kameras lässt man doch gerne die Hüllen fallen... und so ging es erstmal zum Duschen auf den Holzschemel (Ich nenne ihn gerne: "Schemel der Scham", weil man sich, wenn man größer als 1.80m ist, sich einfach nur lächerlich fühlt, bevor man endlich sauber in das heiße Becken eintauchen kann.




Soviel dazu für heute. Ich werde versuchen meinen Fotoapparat irgendwie an den Computer des Hostels anzuschließen um euch ein Bild der Lage zu geben.

Liebe Grüße. 

No comments:

Post a Comment