Labels

Sunday 7 September 2014

Nature and Nighttime in Tokyo

The last three days were a little bit more stressful than thought...

Two days ago I wanted to visit the Emperors Palace, the shrine of Meiji (Meiji-Jingu) and also the Koishikawa Kurakoen park and Shibuya in his prime time at night!

The view at the palace was beautiful, but it was really disappointing, that they didnt let anyone inside the walls. So I had to walk around the walls... which wasnt as pleasant as it sound because of the temperature... 32°C... 


But going to the Koishikawa park:

I already posted the pictures to at a previous post so I am not going to say to much. 
In spite of the temperature the atmosphere at the park was amazing. The trees spent enough shadow so it was my best picnic ever! It wasnt really quiet because of the cicadas - but it has his own flair on it.


After my two-hour stroll through the park I went to Meiji-Jingu. This shrine was built for the empereor Meiji and his wife. And you can see the popularity of those by the sheer proportions of the shrine. The biggest wooden toori stands as the front gate of the shrine. And even the path - which could be a highway - and the main shrine a gigantic!! I was there at twillight, which really gave a nice vibe to the location

After leaving the shrine, I mounted the metro and got to Shibuya.

The first impression of Shibuya? Flashy, Huge, Maaaaany people, Sounds coming from everywhere.
In my opinion (I never was in the US) the Crossing at the Shibuya Station is more astounding than the Times Square (just looking at pictures). It was already dark when I arrived so yeah...at first I really was flashed...

I strolled a long time through the streets and I think the formal japanese culture isnt present there...
Short skirts, strange clothes; blue, green, red, pink, short, long, spiky hair... nothing sees extravagant enough.

After my small excursion I set sail to my last destination for the day:
The Tokyo Tower.
At night it is really a great view. Either from the street or from the top. As you can see here


After this day I literally fell into my bed...

Yesterday the whole day passed by with me trying to buy a bike... Long story short: It took me nearly 4 hours and a lot of money... but I get my bike at monday. A picture of it will be available as soon as possible :)

Today it was a really chilled day. I only made my plans for my upcoming tour to Hokkaido, which starts tomorro. My first destination is Kuki in Saitama on my way to Gunma. I will update my route as I update my blog :D

Starting now I wont be able to update my blog as fast as I did until now, because I never know when I have access to a computer with Internet. But I will try to do it as fast as I can. Until then:

sayounara minna-san

No comments:

Post a Comment