Labels

Thursday 18 September 2014

Let's go to Nikko - part 2

Let's beginn with the hostel:
    It isn' really central, but this hostel is just great! The view is fantastic and Scout (he runs the hostel) is a great guy. The breakfast he made was really tasty. I am going to miss it here, after I start towards Fukushima toworrow

Nikko:

The day before yesterday (time flies...) I was at the UNESCO heritage site. It has the Toshogu and Futaran Shrine, the Rinno temple and the Taiyuin mausoleum in it.

I was on a weekday, so luckily there weren't that much visitors and I didn't have to line up to get into the buildings.

The buildings:
 I love the complex and colorful decors on the temple and shrines (more here). So I used the whole day to stroll around the temples and in the Toshogu shrine I even got a blessing.
The highlights were the Shrine of the 3 monkeys, the mausoleum and the main room of the Toshogu shrine (where no cameras were allowed...)






Oh and by the way: I experienced my very first earthquake! Well... more like a little "earthtremble", because it was only a small and short one. And the second, which happened at the same night? Well... I was sleeping...

Yesterday I was hiking with an Australian couple at the mountain range in Nikko. It was really a great trip. The weather was good, the people nice and the panorama was great - But we didn't see any monkeys or bears... maybe because the amount of schoolkids running around on the path... Well, at least the Onsen at the and in Yumoto was relaxing





See you,
Norbert

No comments:

Post a Comment