Labels

Tuesday 9 September 2014

The first ride

Oh my good lord what a ride :D

I have to admit... I knew it would be hard but...This surpassed everything... Today morning I arrived completly exhausted in Kuki. It werent lacking stamina or aching feet which made this trip so painful, but my shoulders and my ass (because of the saddle and the backpack), which took me to a test.


Yesterday about 1PM localtime I started from Akasaka (where I got my bike) towards Kuki. And I have to admit - I didnt took any photos. Why? I dont know... there was nothing worth on the way

At 6PM I had only 5km left to Kuki, but because my Host from CouchSurfing didnt give me any feedback, I hab to improvise... I went to the next park and throw out my tent. - Good Night!

Today after breakfast I rode my bike to the centrum of Kuki to geht a Map and some information from the "Police Box". At least now I know where to get Internet, something to eat and a hot bath :D




I also tried to get in touch with some hosts here in Kuki and my next destination Oyama, but it doesnt sees as good as it should..

To the trip itself:

I had to carry my 23kg backpack because of logistical problems... what doesnt ended too well for my shoulder - ouch. After this trip I learned to slow down things a little bit more than I thought. So my next stage of my journey will be cut down to 20-25km :D The weather was great and it wasnt too hot.

The best on my trip to Kuki? The people I met :)
Why? Easy: Everytime I took a break or had to wait at a signal, people asked me what I am going to do with that big backpack. After I told them everything about my trip, everyone cheered on me and said I shouldnt give up "Gambatte" (e.g: Fight!)
But at this point I would like to mark to special people on my trip who made my ride easier:

 An old man stood next to me at the signal... after a little small talk and cheering from his side, he took 3 bananas out of his shopping bag and gave them to me. He said it was a present to honour my strong will.

Some kilometres ahead - same situation - a young monk bought me a bottle of water from a vending maschine and wished me well.



At least - even with the pain and the exhaustion I am happy I started this.

Greetings
Norbert

No comments:

Post a Comment