Labels

Thursday 11 September 2014

Just Couch surfin`

CouchSurfing really is a great thing.

Since yesterday I`m living at Minami-san`s place. He is really a very nice and cool guy and hospitality is very important to him and his family. So now I am going to stay here for two night. Originally I wanted to go to Koga (Home of the Ninjas) yesterday, but that is the great thing if you dont chain yourself to a fixed route. I can do what I want, when I want. So now my visit in Koga will be reduced to one day and the stay in Oyama will be extenden.

There arent any great sightseeing spots in Kuki, so this section will come short today.
Instead there is something to learn today ;)


1. Chilling at the quiet park? Nope!


Who thinks one can go to a park in Japan in this season and enjoy the silence, will be quite disappointed. You have to endure whistling, cracking, knocking etc.
But who makes this noise? Answer is: Cicadas :D
Those Cicadas (Auchenorrhyncha) are sitting in the trees and try to win over females with their
songs. It isnt really a painful noise. I would say it gives the walk through the park a verz special flair :D


2. Getting boiled

Here is a little memorial to my yesterdays Onsen visit. In there was a so called "Goemonburo"
(Goemon bath). This bath is simple a big pot (out of iron or stone) with very warm water, in which you dip yourself in.
But why is it called Goemon bath?
A little bit of history: It says there once was a thief called Ishikawa Goemon, who tried to kill the leading daimyo Hideyoshi. He didnt succeed and was captured in the act. He was sentenced to death. They put him in to a pot of boiling oil, in which he died. Thats why this pot is called "Goemonburo"
Goemon bah (Wikipedia)























Thats for today. My next update will come when I am at Nikko. So until then. Have a good time and bye :D

No comments:

Post a Comment